Have you heard the latest blurb and technobabble like ‘Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Opensource and breakout shield” around the cooler at work?
R U Thinking, “that sounds cool if only I knew what it meant”?
or “hmmm I wish I could control my super new garden watering-hose-robot thing, but just don’t know how”…?
- Introductory workshop for beginners!
- no coding or electronics know-how required -just sit back and relax…absorb and play!
- bring your own laptop or use one of ours!
Here’s what we’ll be doing:
- Learn the basics – how to get an Arduino up and running and experiment with different kinds of inputs and outputs. Get a simple understanding of how the code works and how to copy-paste, debug, tweak and work with tutorials.
Checkout Meetup to RSVP> http://www.meetup.com/wellingtonmakerspace/events/108650452/
It is $40 to attend the workshop where you will have an Arduino to
play with and everything you need to experiment with the examples and
components we’ll have on show for you.
You can also get your own “Know Arduino” starter kit for $80. This kit
gets you everything you need to get started:
- Arduino Uno R3, the real deal, no cheap knock-offs
- 3inch breadboard and jumper wires
- Inputs – potentiometer, push buttons, thermistor and photo-resistors
- Outputs – red, green, yellow and RGB LEDs
- A useful combination of resistors, capacitors, as well as an
N-channel MOSFET and diode for controlling bigger stuff…
If you would like to get the kit in addition to attending the
workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-order one, and you can
pick it up from the Wellington Makerspace as soon as it is available
(max two weeks lead time). We’ll have a limited number of kits
available to take home on Saturday.